You have purchased X-Fi Titanium HD. Installed the card in your PCI-E slot. Connected your headphone / speaker to the card. Booted up the computer. Installed the supplied X-Fi Titanium HD’s driver and ….. open up the slick Creative Audio Console….. but ….the THX icon at your Audio Console is not there?
Oh Crap! You are screwed because all the glories of THX TrueStudio Pro (which is also one of the signature to this awesome card) is missing.
- Your old dedicated audio card is previous generation X-Fi (happen to me : X-Fi Platinum). You failed to uninstall the old drivers completely.
- You did not disable your integrated audio chip.
- You did disable the integrated audio chip but failed to uninstall the driver completely.
- Install the card and the driver in clean state OS. In other word, format your computer and re-install everything. Super big chances it will work.
- Remove the cards
- Install the card in different PCI-E Slot.
- X-Fi Titanium HD uses PCI-E x1 header. It can be installed in either the short PCI-E slot (x1 version) or the long one (x4,x8,x16 version)
- Uninstall all X-Fi’s drivers and software.
- Disable integrated audio chipset and remove all the related drivers.
- Clean your registry (backup first). It is up to you to use what product to fix and clean your registry’s garbage.
- Install the drivers and applications from the supplied CD.
- Update them.
- Reboot and Pray.