For ages, I used to use StaxRip to convert my video archives. But, VidCoder seem to steal the StaxRip thunder due to several reasons;
- I can’t practically use current version of StaxRip,
- VidCoder is more stable,
- User friendlier
- Doesn’t need me to install 3 to 4 third party software (manually) for it. Everything seem to be packed in 1 package.
VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.
Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264, MPEG-4, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3 audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding