Archive for the ‘Visual Studio’ Category
Tags: ASP.NET, C#, Extension, MVC3, Visual Studio
For my web application project using ASP.NET MVC3 (C#), here is the list of my free favorite extensions:
- Indent Guides
- JScript Brace Matching Extension
- JScript Editor Extension
- JScript Outlining Extension
- JScript Word Highlighter Extension
- NuGet Package Manager
- Productivity Power Tools
- Spell Checker
- SQL Server Developer Tools, Codename “Juneau”
- VSCommands 2010
- Power Commands For Visual Studio 2010
- Web Standards Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- CSS 3 Intellisense Schema
- SQL Server Compact Toolbox
- ADO.NET C# POCO Entity Generator
- ReGex Editor (But somewhat buggy)
Tags: .NET, C#, DI, IoC, MVC, Ninject
If you happen to reach this page, chance are you are facing what I just faced several minutes ago. Scratching my head to follow some programming book instruction (read: instruct me to add ninject by ‘Add Library Package Manager’ where I couldn’t find it).
I am not really sure what have changed between the author’s VS2010 and my current version. The fact is, ‘Add Library Package Manager’ somehow is not visible at my IDE. After several minutes of try and error, I manage to install Ninject by doing these steps:
- Right click on your project’s Reference in the Solution Explorer.
- Select Manage NuGet Packages.
- Click Online on the left side of the dialog.
- Search Ninject.
- Click Install button.
- Click on ‘I Accept‘ button.
- Done…. 😀
Note 1: Ninject can’t be added directly to Visual Studio in global manner due to its dependency on your project’s .NET version. Therefore, it has to be added on project basis.
Note 2: If your project has some compiling issue or problem, make sure your project use .NET framework version 4.
- Select project properties mkenu item under the Project Menu
- Change the Target Framework setting to .NET framework 4