Finally, I have a chance to buy and test a notebook base on mobile CPU Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz. If you read my blog before, you will notice, that i buy a sub RM2000 notebook for my sister in law, which is Acer Aspire using AMD Turion 2.0 GHz.
My expectation on this notebook was a bit high compare to Acer Aspire consider the price tag extra RM 300.00. Furthermore it use oh well state of the art C2D processor. But…. using Vista Performance Index, surprisingly the score is very identical. Both score 4.8 for the CPU.
The physical look of Lenovo notebook seem better and sturdier compare to plasticky Aspire, but some people prefer the cheerfull color of Aspire. Webcam on Lenovo is better, so do the LCD screen. But, Aspire clearly beat Lenovo in sound department. Sound from Lenovo sound sooo tiny and underpar, compare to current notebook, even they claim Dolby certified and got subwoofer (i cant sense any single bass lol)
Spec wise, the Lenovo come with 160 GB hard disk (latest check, the current aspire also come with 160 GB hard disk). Aspire weight a bit less compare to Lenovo but not so significant to my shoulder.
However, as expected, C2D base notebook use less power compare to Turion base notebook. Lenovo able to work almost 4 hours, with casual use. Wifi, Bluetooth were set to OFF.
Detail spec :
Lenovo Y410-T5550 Notebook
– Intel Centrino Core2 Duo T5550 1.83GHz Processor.
– Intel PRO / Wireless 3945ABG.
– Intel X3100 256MB Shared Display with Dual View & TV-Out.
– 14.1″ WideScreen WXGA with VibrantView.
– 2.0GB DDR2 Memory.
– 160GB SATA Hard Disk Drive.
– Slot-In RAMBO DVD±RW/DL/RAM Super Multi Drive.
– 100Mbps LAN, 56K Modem, Firewire, Bluetooth, Webcam 1.3 Megapixel, PCMCIA & Card Reader.
– 2×1.5W Stereo Multimedia Speakers & 1x2W SubWoofer Speaker.
– Support Dolby® Home Theater™ Surround Sound.
– Shuttle Control & Shuttle Centre.
– Audio-DJ Control Panel.
– Weight: 2.3kg include 6-Cell Li-Ion Battery.
– One Year Lenovo Carry-In Warranty.
– FREE Lenovo Ready 2 Go Traveller Bag.
Vista Performance Index :
- Processor : 4.8 (same with Turion 2.0 GHz)
- RAM : 4.5 (both system has 2 GB of Ram, using DDR2 667)
- Graphics : 3.5 (clearly X3100 chipset inferior to GeForce7000M chipset)
- Gaming Graphics : 3.5 (Score better than Geforce 7000M)
- Hard Disk : 5.2 (seem intel base chipset handle hard disk better)